“Reach high, for the stars lie hidden in your soul.
Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal.”
—Pamela Vaull Starr
Good morning! I’m super pleased to share today’s article with you. It’s called “Making Your Dreams Come True” and it’s by one of my favorite authors, Carol Adrienne. Carol was one of the very first authors to write for our website. Her first column appeared in our very first issue of SoulfulLiving.com in January 2000.
Carol is a life purpose coach and the best-selling author of the book,”The Purpose of Your Life” and “When Life Changes or You Wish It Would,” which I had the honor of being interviewed for! She is also the co-author with James Redfield of the “Celestine Prophecy Experiential Guide.”
I hope Carol’s article inspires you to make your dreams come true! Enjoy ♥
“Making Your Dreams Come True”
by Carol Adrienne
Gregg Brown, a training consultant in Vancouver, British Columbia, is living in the dream condominium overlooking the Pacific Ocean that he once thought was out of his price range. More than a year ago, Gregg saw a listing for a beautiful condo on Beach Avenue. He cut out the ad and looked at it every day for a month, and eventually forgot about it. In July of this year, he bought a condo in this same building on Beach Ave. “As I was packing,” says, Gregg, “I found the condo listing that I’d been looking at a year before. Guess what? Without realizing it, I ended up buying the exact same apartment that I had visualized a year before! The owners had taken it off the market a year before, because it hadn’t sold. They reduced the price and had just put it back the market when we were apartment hunting. For a year, every time I’d walk along the beach, I’d look up at the building and say to myself, ‘I’m going to live there.’”
This is how life works when you do your inner work. What is inner work, you ask? It’s asking for what you want with a deep and true desire and staying open to seeing opportunities when they arise. Inner work is creating a space within for what you want to manifest. It’s choosing to feel good and choosing to look for good everywhere in your life. When you imagine good things coming to you, and you eliminate doubt and negativity in thoughts and conversation, you literally open the channel for your dreams to come true.
The Past is Over and the Present is Unfolding
At the moment, you may have an illness or financial problem that doesn’t feel all that good to you! The spiritual challenge for all of us is to stay open to possibility—even miracles. Pain is a part of human existence. Our inner work is to avoid the trap of thinking that our future will be just like our past. The pains and frustrations of the past were created out of the beliefs you were manifesting then, and the choices that you made from the information you had then.
Create a Happy New Year
To create a fertile beginning for an exciting 2004, clean up your actions, thoughts, and conversation. Here’s how:
- Eliminate the words “don’t,” “not,” and “no” as much as possible. Maintaining awareness and choosing different words will bring a new reality.
- Avoid the temptation to talk about problems. Wow, that seems like a conversation-stopper, doesn’t it? However, we know that thought, language, and action creates the world we live in. The key is not to speak from a dis-empowered stance. For example, instead of saying, “I can’t afford to take a vacation. I’m too broke. I can’t get time off.” You could choose a different presentation, such as, “I’d love to get away for awhile.” “I’d love to travel to Italy or take a cruise around the Greek Isles.” (and stop there! Don’t add on, “but I can’t because I can’t afford it and I’m working ninety hours a week, and my boss won’t give me time off, or, I’m afraid I’m going to get laid off.”) Don’t throw out details that you don’t want to manifest.
- Keep your focus on the overall positive qualities in your life. Offer gratitude whenever you have a few spare minutes, in the shower, driving, or waiting in line.
- Look at the big picture. Imagine finding your house on the Internet using Mapquest.com. Increase the detail until you can see yourself thinking about losing your job, trying to find clients, how you are going to come up with health insurance, worries over your children, or the lack of a sweetie in your life. Now use your mouse button, and click several times until you see your house from further away. You see lawns, and flowers and trees, and people’s cars and the lushness of a whole neighborhood. Then zoom to a higher view and sense serenity and well-being as a predominant force. Babies are being born, people are doing good things for each other, and life keeps flowing. Remember the good times you’ve had. Notice how your body does keep healing itself. Notice that good people do keep coming into your life. Money does have a way of showing up, and friends do call you up and seek your company or your advice. Don’t worry about turning into a pie-in-the-sky idealist. Anytime you want to land with a thud emotionally, just turn on the radio or TV!
- Raise your vibration. Once you hold positive thoughts, you begin to vibrate with the energy of well-being. Once you are radiating and vibrating good energy, by Law of Attraction, good things of a similar vibration–which means they feel good to you and match a desire you have expressed—begin to come to you.
- Put yourself in the medium of that which you want to manifest. In the story above, Gregg walked by the condo building on the beach and said, “I’m going to live there.” He immersed himself in the vibration of the beach. Similarly, my friend, Gary McAvoy in Seattle, Washington, wanted to write a novel. He took a temporary part-time job escorting authors in town on book tours. He met an incredible array of famous authors, and today is co-authoring a book with legendary anthropologist, Jane Goodall. He immersed himself in the medium of writing, books, and authorship.
- Let God handle the details. Gregg wanted that condo. It wasn’t his job to figure out how to make it possible. He just had to keep holding a good feeling and keep making choices in that direction (for example, committing his search to that building.) He didn’t ask the landlords to take the condo off the market until he could afford it, nor did he ask them to reduce the price. Those are external attempts to control a situation in order to “make things happen.” Gregg did both the internal work of continuing to vibrate at a high frequency, and the external footwork of following up when opportunities arrived.
- Your desire is there for a reason. We summon everything into our lives by the power of our desire. When our life doesn’t reflect what we desire, that contrasting energy fuels our desire for something else.
Synchronistic Signs Signal a Higher Order
Often during transitions, the universe sends us encouragement. For example, Hiroko Takano teaches Japanese at an all-girls school in Palo Alto, California. The small enrollment in her class may mean it will be cancelled. Shortly after a discouraging meeting with her boss, Hiroko had dinner with a friend, Misao Takahara, who shared incredible synchronicities with the repeated occurrence of the number 22. When Hiroko left, she noticed that her odometer read 222.2. “Even though I realized that the last two numbers of my license plate were also 22, I didn’t take this second occurrence of 2222 seriously,” she said. “The next morning, on the way to work, I was worrying about the future of my class. I stopped at a red light and noticed a number 22 bus stopped at the side of the road. The license plate on the car behind the 22 bus was 222. Across the street was another 22 bus.
“Recently, when I was trying to decide whether or not to get a substitute teacher so I could go on a trip I was planning, I thought ‘Well, if I’m meant to go, things will work out. I must focus on the present, not the future.’ As I was thinking this, I saw a car with the license plate number 222 right in front of me! This seemed to be an affirmation for staying in the present. On the way to work this morning, I was thinking so much about my future that I missed the exit and ended up taking the next one. The number 22 bus was right there as if it were waiting for me. These incidents made me realize how important it is to live in the present, without worrying about outcomes. I know everything happens for a reason and that everything is perfect! I have a feeling that 22 is teaching me that it’s time to move out of my comfort zone.”
Hiroko’s attention to the number 22 serves as an affirmation that a higher source is always available to open doors for us and calm our fears of the unknown.
What Is Your Dream?
Have you ever dreamed of pulling up stakes and moving to another country? Do your dream of learning another language? Or raising funds for a good cause? Or developing your creativity? Or starting completely over?
The first part of manifesting a dream is to have one…
Copyright Carol Adrienne. All Rights Reserved.
I’d love to hear your thoughts and comments about Carol’s article! Please scroll down and leave your comments below.
And, if you haven’t already done so, be sure to pick up your special package of inspirational goodness exclusively for our Daily Soul Retreat Newsletter Subscribers — a “Soul Retreat Gift Pack” filled with over $300 worth of Ecourses, Ebooks, Audio Workshops and Meditations, donated by our awesome SoulfulLiving.com authors. If you aren’t already subscribed, click here for all the details. If you are already subscribed, watch your Daily Soul Retreats for all the details.
Wishing you a beautiful day!